Thursday, May 2, 2013

Yahoo News


Lately I have been shocked by the news headline I see on my Yahoo home page. To me, a lot of the information shared is not “news” but that does not stop me from scanning through the headlines and reading particular articles each day. Most of these headlines are depressing accidents or missing persons but some are light and gossipy. It grabs attention of readers with headlines such as, “Topless photo of…” with a beautiful celebrity’s name, which no photo is provided. I feel a lot of the time the articles are posted before the facts are know so they will then continue to update with new information by creating a new article.
A lot of there articles even have spelling and grammar errors. This takes away validity of the article and seems less professional. But I still continue to read them along with many others. It seems they want Americans to stay uninformed of the facts and not be as intelligent as there is dating advice and polls about celebrities outfits, things that are fun sometimes but irrelevant in the long run. It makes me think who chooses what to write about and if they are paid to cover certain topics, people, etc.


Do you think yahoo news is a marketing tool for publicity? Do you think yahoo has the right to publish information in an unprofessional way when thousands are exposed? Why do you think or how do you think yahoo chooses the content of their articles?

No comments:

Post a Comment