Thursday, April 11, 2013

Response to Parker's Gold Fish Jingle


I think jingles and slogans are one of the most important aspects of marketing. To have a memorable product can sometimes make the difference between decent sales and an immense amount of sales. For instance, if I was walking down the grocery store and saw gold fish I would instantly remember the commercial and its signature jingle. This would make me remember how delicious they looked in the commercial, making me purchase the gold fish over the unrecognizable pretzels next to it. To answer Parker’s question, the gold fish company came up with the ultimate marketing tool. Everyone loves gold fish though.

Do you think having a standout/recognizable, catchy jingle could make a poor product sell better? What makes a jingle successful versus too corny? 

No comments:

Post a Comment